Monday, October 26, 2009

Lifelong learning skills

Loras has helped me develop many skills throughout my career here. The skill that was greatly improved while at Loras was my writing skills. Throughout my high school career writing was my weakest subject, and Loras was able to improve it greatly. Before Loras I had many problems with grammar, and trouble with organizing a paper, and that was improved through my career at Loras.

Since I have entered Loras my writing skills have improved due to many factors. One factor is the classes that I have taken. I have learned through MOI, College Writing, advanced general education classes, and many Elementary Education major classes. In these classes I have learned different paper writing styles, how to organize a paper, and how to fix my grammar errors.

As a first year I was enrolled in MOI and College writing 091. College writing 091 is course that I had to take before I could take college writing. MOI is a class for first years that helps with the transition to college. These two classes had the biggest impact on improving my writing skills. The reason for this is because these two classes are the first classes that I took that involved writing skills, and gave me the tools needed to improve. College writing 091 taught me how to become a better writer by teaching me different ways to check my writing, how to organize papers, and the different rules that apply when it comes to writing.

College writing 091 I took College Writing and this class helped me apply all the different things I learned in previous class as a writer. Next, is my elementary education classes; these classes have helped me as a writer because in order to be a teacher I will have to send out different things that involves writing, so we had the pressure to make sure that everything was done right. This was good because it will help me in the future. Since I had to make sure I wrote everything correct it helped me become a better writer because I had to apply everything I learned and make sure everything was right.

Loras has changed me to become a better writer throughout my career here. I have more confidence when it comes to my writing. The classes that I have taken while at Loras have improved me as a writer because each class helped me develop and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment